Wednesday 6 July 2011

What a musical week it is turning out to be!

As you will see in the post below We saw Lady GaGa Tribute at Kings Lynn Festival Too a totally free event laid on by a group of local businesses in Kings Lynn.  This Friday there will be Sinead and the Dawnbreakers followed by Sofie Ellis Bexter.  Then on Saturday is the Winner from the Battle of the Bands - Jesse's Ghost followed by Parade, Wonderland, The Hoosiers and the Feeling.  Not sure how much I will be able to see as maybe too late to find babysitters as the Lady GaGa Tribute for DS and DD might have been enough for them. 

Anyhow, back to my musical week and last night I attended a most wonderful concert at my Parish Church Walpole St Peter, in aid of the Roof Restoration Fund where the Virginia Children's Choir together with the Kings Lynn Cantabile Youth Choir performed a wonderful programme of world, spiritual, popular and classical music.

It was applauded with a standing ovation and an encore of a much favourite of the choir - "The Storm is Passing Over" by Charles Albert Tindley and arranged by Baker.

Having the concert actually in the Church meant that we were able to appreciate the wonderful acoustics for which the Church was able to offer.  There was a good turn out from within the Village and the surrounding areas and everyone was made to feel very welcome

The only niggle bear I had to make was why didn't the mums touring with the choir keep their cameras on silent as the beautiful music was populated with very loud camera clicks when pictures where taken in the most quiet of places in the pieces - they should know when these would occur surely!

sub note - I am apologising for lack of photographic detail in the last few posts as my laptop died 2 weeks ago and having just received a new hard drive I am using a fairly old one which I do not want to overload with pictures and stuff that will make it go very slow! So please bear with me and I hope to resume normal posts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment