I know I have just posted but I just remembered one of my comments this week being from mymumdom who asked what recipe I was planning to do for Poppydog's Birthday - she will be 5 on Valentines day!
It was a recipe that a good friend gave to me, so here goes my first recipe post
Birthday Cake for Poppydog
6oz SR wholemeal flour
2oz Demerara sugar
2 tablespoons dried skimmed milk [although I use fresh milk]
2 small eggs beaten
5 tablespoons cold water
2 overflowing tablespoons liquid honey
4 overflowing tablespoons of mascarpone cheese
Doggy Chocs or treats, Birthday candles and holders to decorate.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180oC / 350oF / Gas Mark 4.
2. Grease two 7” round cake tins
3. Put all ingredients except honey, cheese and doggy chocs/treats into a bowl and fold together.
4. Divide mixture into the two cake tins.
5. Bake in middle of over for about 20mins. Allow to cool
6. Mix honey and 3 tablespoons of cheese together and spread the mixture on the cake
7. Place the other cake on top and frost with remaining cheese
8. Decorate the cake with doggy chocs, treats and candles.
AND DON'T FORGET TO .....
9. Send invites to all your dog’s friends for a birthday feast!